Hello fellow Net Impacters. In preparation for our workshop on October 10th, we have put together some questions which should get the creative juices flowing and give you a better understanding of what to expect from our event! We are moving away from the talking head format in the hopes of generating some really productive conversation around how to make a sustainable impact in your business and career. The night will be divided up into a three part discussion with a brief introduction for each topic provided by sustainability practitioners. The interrelated topics we are covering are:
1) Identifying core sustainability business risks and opportunities
- What are the core business values of your company?
- What are the key environmental, social and governance issues faced by your company/industry? How will they affect your company/industry’s ability to operate in the next 5,10,20 years?
- How can sustainability policy differentiate your business from competitors? What are the opportunities?
2) Individual impact
- Who are the key stakeholders in your organisation? Can you categorise your top 3 stakeholders in terms of ability to effect sustainable change within your organisation?
- Given the core values of your business, what can you do to contribute to its sustainability? Which stakeholders can you influence to drive change? How should you position yourself in your company/industry?
- What is the single biggest thing preventing you from making an impact at work? Why?
- What can you do to overcome this challenge? Which department could potentially help you make the biggest difference in spearheading change?
- What advice would you give to others facing similar challenges?